Monday, November 21, 2011
Motivation sneaks up us sometimes. Today’s my workout rotation for the elliptical, and I’ve been negotiating with myself that I might just skip tonight. Jill’s out until 9:30 for Parent Conferences at school. The cat won’t tell. No one but me will know if I miss a workout tonight. And then I was walking through our Waiting Room and greeted a lady with a simply, “Hi; how are you?” Unlike most folks, she replied that she was fine except for her allergies. I wished her well with that, and she further explained that her swimming always bothered her. Meaning to show interest, I suggested she simply stop swimming. “Oh, I can’t do that! I’m always in training for my next Iron Man.” At first I thought she was jesting, but no, she’s done three and is preparing for the fourth. As I left the building I decided that after all, I can handle 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment